that is per-user. I need a fix that will affect ALL users. Being in a network-account environment, any of our thousands of users on campus can walk up to this computer and login, which will create their account on-the-fly. If they're faculty or staff, that account will be an admin. And then about 5 seconds after they get to the desktop, yosemite will be all in their face wanting to update the machine. I can disable the App Store daemon so it doesn't pop up automatically quite as often, but can't stop them from going to the app store themselves and seeing yos.

I was going to make a login agent that would run when a user logs in, that would just immediately fire off and disable the update, if it were possible, but they've gone to some database (sqlite I assume) to track the updates now, and so far I haven't ran into anyone that knows how to disable the yos update via terminal. The gui of the App Store mucks with the DB to disable it. I wish I was more proficient in accessing sqllite db's from terminal. It should be possible but I don't know how to do it.

I work for the Department of Redundancy Department