on a somewhat tangentially-related note, I often print -> save as pdf, when placing orders online. I typically get 3 printouts, one of the product sale page, one just before placing the order, and one more after placing the order showing payment confirmation and order number. I then make a folder in mail for the purchase, drag in the emailed receipt and paypal receipt. Then I make a mail draft and drag in the three PDFs and save the draft and move it to the folder. (yes, I use mail as a database/filing cabinet of sorts)

Anyway, if you drag in a single page PDF to mail, it renders it inline. If it's more than one page, it just shows the PDF document instead. I don't like that, so I'll usually only print page 1 if it's got junk that spilled over to page 2. Sometimes I want to keep some of what's on page 2, and here's the point of my post. You can change the paper size (to legal for example) to get more on page 1. I also have a "20-incher" paper size I've added so I can fit a LOT more on a single page, so Mail continues to render it inline.

Someone may find that trick useful. I was thinking, if your app doesn't let you change the scale and it's going to 2 pages, you could use the 20-incher trick to get it onto one page in a pdf, then open that pdf in preview where Scale is available, scale it down, and print to a single page there.

I work for the Department of Redundancy Department