Hi, Judith.

Point well-taken, but... When the "option" option was created, there were no options attached to it.

Now that the "Reopen windows when logging back in" option is attached, I think it ought to be presented, even if only once (with a "Don't ask me again" option)*, for the benefit of those who are either unaware of it or may want to use it sometimes but not others.

I see the option as a very possibly on again/off again thing depending on circumstances, and users shouldn't have to remember to use an alternate shut down (et.al.) method should their momentary preference change from their general one.

Users like you who know precisely where they're going would deactivate the warning, while others, who are less set in their ways, would leave it turned on.

* On second thought, the ask/don't ask dialog would probably be better presented as a system pref. (Edit: ...to enable toggling without going into Terminal.)

Last edited by artie505; 03/13/15 09:19 AM.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire