Thanks Tacit, did not understand a word, and not sure I want to! But I'm sure your contraption is working good...but it is revealing that someone as smart as you also, have given up on wifi extenders, which definitely make it more likely for me to return this one... as well. ok, I re-read your post. So you have a long cable running from one modem/router to another? or something like that?

Joe, why do I want to do all this? Really, these speedtest do give some indication, you know, if it's 1 or 2 mbs you know things are bad. But, man, I want to know the speed right now, not an average. I do a test then I'm watching internet tv and it freezes to see if speed is the issue. That's the whole point. But maybe it does not matter being how wildly it change from one second to the next?...

Is that weird that this wi fi extender is not doing any better than the base station?

And is it weird that on my worse website freezes and stalls the speed test will sometimes say things are going at a blazing fast speed of 19mbs?