Thanx 4 the linx.

Originally Posted By: Rob Griffiths
Unfortunately, I am disappointed with the reality. Yes, there are customizable columns in Spotlight's search results—but only Date Modified and Date Created (press Command-J after running a search to see the options). Size, Version, Comments, and Label are grayed out and not selectable!

Huh? Bummer. crazy

Originally Posted By: Rob Griffiths
As such, I'll still rely on HoudahSpot for my Spotlight searches, because it works with Size (and tons of other fields the Finder doesn't support). I really don't understand how something so basic, which worked fine in OS X 10.4, can remain broken nearly three years into the Leopard/Snow Leopard era.

A mysterious annoyance indeed. mad

--

EDIT: yikes... i didn't realize you were quoting Rob Griffiths there!!!  (i've now edited the quote string to reflect that). Wow... i am bummed with and angry at Apple now. Spotlight still crippled???

Even Panther was slicker: select 2 or 3 folders in the Documents folder, type text in the search slot... BOOM; results from those 2 or 3 folders only.

Has anyone here tried Leap yet? The potential in Spotlight is amazing. Wake up Apple, i'm tired of waiting!

GRRRR.

Last edited by Hal Itosis; 09/08/09 05:03 PM. Reason: yikes