Joe, the case happened before I put Sophos on. The web hoster recommended I do that. Why they did not spot it on the server is something I have never pondered, I just took the blame and was to happy to have it resolved.

There has been no problem since, but I have seen every month Sophos say it detects a threat, and I go into Quarantine manager and nuke it.

I posted because suddenly Time machine is not working with Sophos and in last two days Sophos is saying I have a threat, it shows the name of the threat, and then it vanishes before I can eliminate it. So that's how this discussion started, which is an interesting discussion I did not anticipate, ie. do I really need Sophos. I just emailed the hoster who recommended it, let's see what he says. Dave of Super Duper who told me 10 years ago to bail on anti virus, which I did wrote this today, after I emailed him about this:

"Well, I don't know what they found. Fact is, a Trojan can only be obtained by conscious installation. Your web site may have been vulnerable to something different, but - I really think antivirus is a waste of your time.

Sophos identifies WINDOWS threats on your Mac...and those threats can't affect your Mac at all. It may also identify phishing attempts in your email, but you're too smart to fall for that stuff."