Originally Posted By: kevs
Yes, my site, of course!

But its finding stuff frequently now. The era of Macs being impervious are over. Artie, I dont know where these come from, think from emails, who knows.

To the best of my knowledge, there has still never been an in-the-wild Mac virus (although I have read about proofs-of-concept, none of which have gone beyond the lab, and that there are trojans that perhaps slide in under a loose definition of virus).

Trojans don't come from e-mails, kevs; you only get them if you navigate to a malicious website that downloads them to your Mac without your doing anything...drive-bys, or if you navigate to a malicious site and click on something you shouldn't ought to click on. If you're getting stuff in e-mails, its from PC users who are sending it to you, probably without being aware of it.

Just to clarify: You say that Sophos is finding malware or some-such on "[your] site", but where is your site hosted? Is it on your own Mac or some remote server?

Can you tell us which specific items Sophos has flagged and where it's located them...maybe copy & paste a Sophos report into a post?

We can't do battle with demons without knowing precisely what kind of demons they are.

Last edited by artie505; 02/08/15 12:22 AM. Reason: Cleanup

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire