It means that Disk Utility's "errors" actually were spurious. (I've never seen or heard of that before (Edit: Actually, see below.); I wonder what V1 will have to say about it.)

You're good to go! smile

Edit: I believe dd gives a block several read tries before it declares it bad, so in view of the possibility that the originally reported "bad blocks" are real, but only iffy at the moment, it's worth your while to keep an eye on things, i.e. run a scan periodically, particularly because any bad blocks that turn up will be newly developed because of the zero pass you ran a while back. This post by joemikeb explains.

Edit2: Y'know, there's one option that hasn't come up, so I'll throw it on the table: If your MBP is not critical in your life, i.e. if you can afford to be without it unexpectedly while you replace your HDD when it drops dead "out of nowhere", you can just shoot craps...get on with your life, wait for the inevitable, and deal with it when it happens.

Just back up as often as anything needs to be backed up.

Last edited by artie505; 01/31/15 03:09 AM.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire