Originally Posted By: kevs
Thanks Joe, yes the flat white is the drink now that closest approximates a real Italian cappuccino. I think its about the foam quality right?

Basically there is no foam in the flat white, just steamed milk. According to my barista (since he is a middle aged man should that be baristo or am I too influenced by Spanish?) many customers felt the foam in American cappuccino was too dry and did not add to the coffee experience. Interestingly enough I was in the Starbucks next door to my favorite Apple Store a day or two ago and they refused to make the flat white in any size except tall. I wanted to ask the manager about that, but she wasn't there at the time.

I'll look into a lighter charger for the car, any favorite accessory to hold up the iphone in the car? I'll look around for that too….

Any drug store, filling station, convenience mart, office supply, etc will have a good supply of cigarette lighter plugin USB power adaptors with and without LEDs to indicate they are actually powered up. Personally I like the really small ones with a regular USB slot I can plug the lightning connector into.

I have gone through a number of in car mounts over the years including suction cups on the windshield, mounts bolted to the dash, One that bolted to the front seat bracket, and a few that fit in cupholders and none of them were particularly satisfactory. The Apple store catalogs a couple that mount on car A/C vents — an appealing idea except where I live you don't want anything to block the air flow in the summer. The sound system in all my vehicles connect to iOS devices via Bluetooth so I just leave the iPhone in my pocket unless I am using the GPS navigation. In that case I prop the iPhone in a cupholder where I can glance down at it when needed and rely mostly on the voice guidance feature. Each GPS app and/or device has its own rhythm and pattern of announcing what and when so it can take a while to adapt from one to another.

Do you think Apple pay might eliminate the need to carry around they physical plastic one day? that would be nice. You think it will be more secure that cards? You don't use Visa or Mastercard?

We can give up carrying credit cards when merchants, credit card companies, the issuing banks, etc. lose enough money to credit card fraud that it forces them to invest in the equipment to read ApplePay, PayPal, and "Chip and PIN" credit cards. Large national firms such as Target, Walgreens, and several major department stores have installed the equipment because they have seen the fraud loss on their bottom line. Even Disney has their own chip and PIN payment system in their parks for Disney Resort guests. But in general, as long as it is only the consumer getting hurt there is no real incentive for merchants to upgrade their equipment.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein