throwing my hat in the ring

I've used a number of note-taking apps on my iPods and iPhones. I currently use Apple's Notes because of how seamlessly it syncs to my computer. Here are my problems:

1 - it likes to change a leading "- " (hyphen followed by a space) into a bigger ---, and that annoys me. there are workarounds but they are inconvenient and there's no way to disable any of its automatic substitutions

2 - every now and then it duplicates my notes. I'll suddenly have ten of my notes duplicated on the computer, or on the phone or both. no data is lost, it's just inconvenient to verify nothing is new in any of them and to get rid of the dups. It's happened to me numerous times, the most recent was last Tuesday.

3 - can't move a note into a different folder from the phone. inconvenient

4 - I have notes from four different sources and so I have a somewhat unintuitive main notes screen as I have Notes, Notes, Notes, and Notes.

5 - the most recently edited note bubbles immediately to the top of the list. MAYBE I WANT TO KEEP MY NOTES IN A SPECIFIC ORDER EH???? too bad. that one really annoys me. I used to just prefix my notes in each folder with a number so they were sorted alphabetically by the first line. but that doesn't work anymore. There's simply no excuse for preventing a person from sorting their list of notes as they see fit.

I work for the Department of Redundancy Department