Originally Posted By: dkmarsh
The [...] folder Grelber and I have been discussing is not the Profiles folder [...] referred to in the linked article.

I stand corrected for the claim made in the first sentence of my previous post (i.e., cache stored in Profile). However, the remainder of that post is still applicable, as is my comment about matching (deletable) items in the actual Cache folder (~/Library/Caches/Firefox/Profiles/ks42igrc.default/cache2) with those listed in List Cache Entries (about:cache?storage=disk&context=) or in CacheViewer. File size seems to be the only way to do that, with the former listed in KB, and the latter two in bytes. CacheViewer provides much more info on the individual cache components than List Cache Entries and allows sorting by size, in theory allowing one to ID deletables better. But even so, it’d be a slog.

When using CacheViewer, it’s apparently important to use the correct version with that of Firefox. Older versions of the add-on can still be downloaded for other than current version of Firefox if for some reason updating Firefox is not an option.

alternaut moderator