Thanks Gan, so you would go back and try notes again.
I did have Notes enabled, syncing, if you will on my desktop and laptop. I like to take notes on the iphone, and later look at them on my lap or desktop. And I did notice that the notes I was making was not on the laptop/ dektop. is this the culprit. I had notes selected in icloud on all three devices and shut off for all emails. So why was it not reflecting on the other devices. maybe there lies the issue, not the email issue?

thanks Joe, so you use the phone as a scanner, just snap photo? You say there are scanning apps for iphone, are they better than taking a picture? Where does this all reside? in the new icloud drive? And as far as that goes, how to you backup. I emailed Dave at Super Duper and he says if you have something on the idrive yuo are on your own. No backup to hardrive. I'm used to having everything on two hardrives at home and one at the back security deposit. Those are my digial filing cabinets. Why change to Ever-note? I'm open to hearing have to ask. Never have used OCR device. When does that come in handy, is it rare?