My OWC Mercury On-The-Go Pro Portable enclosure was as pretty as all get-out, and it moved my test data at 575Mbps via FW800, but...

In this old video, you can see (at a bit past 2 minutes) how snugly the circuit board fits into the heatsink, while in this new pic you can see that it "fits" (and I use the term awfully loosely)...well, awfully loosely. (It's more or less stable in the fully assembled enclosure, but it's ersatz stability; it rattles around if you shake the unit.)

Per OWC tech support, "...the video was...using an older circuit board which is a bit thicker than the current board we are using. Our current board is within our specifications though."

It appears, then, that OWC changed the board's specs at some point without correspondingly re-engineering the heatsink (presumably to save money).

As far as I'm concerned, well-engineered devices should never have loose-fitting components!

Is that unreasonable?

PS: It's to OWC's credit that when a replacement enclosure confirmed that my problem was with a designed-in flaw, and "[it's] within our specifications" didn't satisfy me, they unilaterally upgraded me at no further cost, and after 6 1/2 months.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire