Originally Posted By: Douglas
No HomeFolder is not the actual name, I just substituted that to post here.

But you said you were posting the exact error message! That's tantamount to a promise that we don't need to worry about typos, because you've copy/pasted without editing. If you've altered the text of the error message in any way, that's something we need to know about. Hide your username if you want, but tell us you've hidden it. I already see that you confused "Cache" with "Caches" in at least one place, and I don't know if that was a typo or an actual error. Where there may be one typo, there may be others.

But the gist of my question was: Is your home folder NOT /Users/$USER? That is, is it the case that, for example, your username ($USER) is "douglas" but your home folder is "/Users/douglas1" or even "/Volumes/big disk/home/douglas1"? It's perfectly OK to do something like that; it's definitely wrong for any app to fail to take that in stride. But we need to know, and you need to tell us, exactly what the situation is. Otherwise, we're spinning our wheels trying to guess what's really going on. All we know is that something is wrong, and guesses we make based on the assumption that nothing is out of the ordinary are likely to be incorrect. You need to tell us, exactly, what's out of the ordinary on your system.

Originally Posted By: Douglas
OK, nothing open but finder. I open Console. I open Safari and put in a website.

That error message pops up on Console. Did this 3 times as a test and every time I open Safari put in any website, this error comes up in Console.

Yes, yes, but: does the PID in the error message match the PID of Safari. (Look in Activity Monitor to see.)

If the message comes up immediately in Safari, it's probably coming from a (poorly written) Safari plugin. Try disabling plugins until the error goes away, and then send a nasty helpful note to the developer of the plugin. (By "plugin" I of course mean "extension". I wish they wouldn't keep changing terminology on us.)