> THE KEYBOARD IS ALSO JUMPING, INSERTING THE CURSOR RANDOMLY. I DON'T NOW IF THIS IS A RELATED ISSUE.

Since yours is apparently a new issue, I don't know if this is applicable, but I had a similar problem when I first got my 2010 15" MBP, and it was finally diagnosed by an AppleCare phone tech who figured out that I was tapping my trackpad with the side of my thumb, rather than its tip, thereby causing extraneous input that resulted in my jumping cursor. It was quite infuriating while it was going on, and the only way I could find to resolve it was to tape a piece a plastic from the top of a to-go container to the lower portion of my trackpad.

Edit: Just in case, I'll mention that the thickness of the combination of the plastic attached to the trackpad and the protective material I keep between my keyboard and screen resulted in the trackpad's being slightly depressed when I closed my MBP's lid, and that caused the machine to freeze if it was awake at the time.

Last edited by artie505; 11/30/14 07:26 AM.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire