Originally Posted By: joemikeb
I am running Trusteer Rapport that I got through a download from USAA and when I "Check for updates now" in the System Preferences > "Trusteer Endpoint Protection it reports I am running version 3.6.1404.16 which is the latest version and it appears to be working perfectly with Safari 8.0. the latest version.

The only thing I have to restart for a Rapport update to take effect is Safari and although my computer runs 24x7 Safari gets launched and relaunched several times a day so that is not a problem for me.

Although Rapport's pref pane reports that the current version is v .16, v .18 is available via the link I gave Harv, and tech support has advised me on numerous occasions to d/l "the latest version" - via said link - in the event of issues. (For what it's worth, when v .16 was the then-current equivalent of v .18 I was told that it had not yet been released to all member institutions.)

When my installation was silently updated from v .14 to v .16 I had to restart before my version number changed in my pref pane, but when I d/l'ed and updated to v .18 my version number changed after I quit and relaunched Safari. Confusing the issue, though, was tech support's consistently having advised me to restart after installing "the latest version", so, and particularly in view of the obscure nature of the beast, I couldn't be 100% certain that the updated pref pane was proof-positive of anything...and I restarted for good measure.

Aside: Precisely how did you get Rapport "through a download from USAA"? Does that mean that you didn't have to visit Rapport's web site? (The only institution on Rapport's member list with which I deal is PayPal, and they've never even advised me of Rapport's existence.)

Last edited by artie505; 10/26/14 05:52 AM. Reason: Cleanup

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire