Quote:
Artie, I did not understand this line: "...so I'll bow to ganbustein's not having called you out." Called out for what? I'm probably misinterpreting this. Perhaps, I missed a post. I looked, but did not find anything to help me understand.

Oh, that was just vernacular for "He didn't question the Terminal command you ran to reset your LaunchServices database." Sorry for the confusion.

By the way, I've learned from experience to keep the larger updates required for a clean install of OS X 10.6.8, the 10.6.8 Combo and Safari 5.1.0 updaters and Security Update 2013-004, stored on my deuced Mac(hina) so I don't have to d/l them every time I need them.

Additionally, if you ever rerun only the Combo, you'll need to run the Snow Leopard Migration Assistant updater and the Safari (The Combo reverts Safari to v 5.0.5.) and Security updaters along with it. Unfortunately, running the Combo doesn't clear previously deposited receipts, so Software Update doesn't think any updates are required.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire