Where to start?

Here, I guess... Rapport v 3.6.1404.18 is available for d/l. It wasn't d/l'ed silently, nor did "Check..." advise me of its existence; I had to seek to find. This go-round, installation resulted in an immediate version number update in Rapport's pref pane, so I guess a restart is no longer required (if, in fact, one ever really was). (Here's a direct d/l link: <http://download.trusteer.com/Gcur4Wtnu/leopard/Rapport.dmg> Just click on it, and the d/l begins.)

In the past, their advising me that they've "escalated [my] email to [their] experts for further analysis" has yielded an update within 3-4 days, and this time was no exception, but if the update was intended to correct the "Trusted Websites" loading freeze...my issue, it was unsuccessful.

I also experienced the Daishi issue, and that was the second time they asked me to submit my logs. The first time, their auto-gathering function had worked, but it failed, with a pop-up, the second time. This time, the auto-gather button was gone, and I was pretty put-off having to gather and compress logs from 8-9 different locations, and then they didn't get my e-mail attachment, so I had to resubmit through their ftp panel. (Happily, I had had the foresight to save the logs.)

And the kicker is that one of the logs they ask for is owned by root, fer cryin' out loud! Do they seriously expect their users to either enable root or change the permissions on 5 levels of folders to access that file?

Not me dude!!!

Like you, I've had it with them...at least until they abandon their arrogant attitude and accept and deal with constructive criticism - Captcha panes? Hah! - as readily as they accept and attempt to deal with bug reports.

Addressing your other points: As far as I can tell, the only way to determine the version number of a d/l is to install it and look in Rapport's pref pane. (What I've taken to doing is d/l'ing and using command-I to determine creation date.)

A change log??? Surely you jest!!!

On several occasions I've seriously wondered whether anybody on their development team is actually running a Mac. tongue

Edit: I keep forgetting to ask whether you're running Rapport as a client of one of their member institutions or as a freelancer, as I am? There's apparently a difference in the way updates are disseminated to the two groups.

Last edited by artie505; 10/22/14 09:11 AM. Reason: Cleanup

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire