Rapport has been an ongoing nightmare for me, Harv; I've long since lost count of how many e-mails I've exchanged with tech-support.

If you're saying that you weren't auto-updated to v 3.6.1404.15 even though you have got the box checked, it may be because (as per tech-support) updates that are available on the website have not always been released for auto-d/l (lord only knows why). On the other hand, you may actually have been updated but hadn't restarted, which is necessary despite the fact that it's nowhere stated (nor are we even explicitly advised that a silent update has occurred).

The .15 update was the result of my finally beating it into tech-support's heads that SysPrefs hung for 15 seconds before Rapport's prefpane launched, but their solution moved the hang, rather than corrected it...

The initial hang was the fallout from Rapport's pref pane loading a ton of garbage into its "Trusted Websites" pane before launching, and the solution has resulted in the hang being bumped up a notch so it now occurs after the pref pane has launched, the new fallout being that "Trusted Websites" now takes ten seconds to load after the pref pane has launched, and if you click on it too soon, SysPrefs freezes and must be force-quit.

V 3.6.1404.16 is now available (I got it via auto-d/l.), and I believe it 's supposed to fix the new hang, but it doesn't.

I hope that's clear.

PS: How many apps other than Rapport have you seen stop in the middle of the installation process to present a Captcha pane?

Last edited by artie505; 10/11/14 06:21 AM. Reason: Just cleanup

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire