Wow, I am really starting to understand more and more of the console. Thanks, Ganbustein. I will report the FontImporter error by sending the code I pasted above to the link you sent, but I don't know if this was fixed in a later OS, I am still using Snowy. So, if I just got rid of the attachment, it would get rid of the problem. It is just a little strange that there are five backup folders like the one that pulled this error that have the identical file, it is an email archived from prior to 2009. This corrupt one was on the 'evil' hard drive that had me running to the Apple Store, all the weird errors, so I would guess it corrupted during that time and then I backed it up before pulling the drive. That same email folder was imported when I 'paved' the new drive. Maybe it would be wise to replace that whole mail folder, since it is an archive, with one from an earlier backup, on my internal drive as well. Which begs the question: How would I know if this were happening on my internal drive? I only knew about this error because an external drive was doing extra-curricular activity.

This may be an aha moment... One of the things the computer started doing when I began my strange behavior string was a flurry of activity when I wasn't using the computer, fans running high speed when I wasn't even at the computer to the point of having to leave it turned off when not using it.

Last edited by slolerner; 10/08/14 04:41 AM. Reason: more

Mid 2010 MacBook Pro 13"
2.4GHz, 750GB SATA HD, 8 GB RAM, OS 10.7.5
1 HDX1500 2TB Ext.HD, 2 HDX1500 1TB Ext.HD
HP Laserjet 6MP printing postscript via 10/100 Intel print server
Netgear WN2500RP Range Extender (Ira rocks!)
Linksys WRT1900AC Wireless Router
Brother MFC-9340CDW Color Laser
iPad Air