I want to enable someone with Internet Access to send me about 80Mb of photo images via FTP. Security is desirable, but it is not a paramount issue here. I've followed the instructions in AppleMenu>System Preferences>Sharing. I checked File Sharing and selected the Share Files and Folders Using FTP option. The option gives an Internet address for "outsiders" and another address for local machines to access my FTP server. What is missing is an understanding of how people use the addresses for accessing my machine's shared folder so they can either deposit files or copy files already residing there.

Will someone direct me to a place that provides specific, step by step instructions to accomplish this amazing feat? I've ordered David Pogue's The Missing Manual for Snow Leopard, but that is at least five weeks away from release and there's no guarantee he'll cover it there.

I've listed my current equipment in the signature on my profile, but the reader apparently needs to check the radio button in preferences before he/she can see it. I'm running Snow Leopard on a Mac Pro. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Mac Pro dual Quad-Core Intel Xeons Early 2008; 16GB RAM; MacOS X 10.11.6, iOS 9.3.5