Be careful! Downgrading to Snow Leopard is far more complicated than you might think. I downgraded from Mavericks to Mountain Lion 10.8.5. Before I was through, I was referred to two levels of Apple service that I didn't know existed. They have some real pros in a couple of locations that handle cases nationwide, but you have to go through the local folks first and they decide whether to send you on. They may not tell you those other services exist if they don't think it will help you. I don't know how you'll deal with the CS4 with no DVD set, but an Apple Genius may know.

My advice to you is to go to the nearest real Apple Store and not just a storefront that sells new and used machines. Call ahead for an appointment with a "Genius" and tell them what you'll be asking them to do and the kind of machine you have. Let them do the job for you. As I said, it is far more complicated than it would seem. I learned this through a long and distressing experience. I don't wish it on you, so I'm telling you what finally worked for me.

Last edited by JoBoy; 09/18/14 04:11 PM.

Mac Pro dual Quad-Core Intel Xeons Early 2008; 16GB RAM; MacOS X 10.11.6, iOS 9.3.5