My first-ever professionally published book, More Than Two, actually published today! Whew! It's a weird feeling. After all this time and work, it's finally a real thing that real people can actually get their hands on.

Man, this has been a long, strange trip. I started talking about writing it in 2003. In about 2006 or so, I put together a proposal and sent it out to a bunch of publishers and agents. A lot of them said the same thing: "we don't want a relationship how-to book, but if you redo it as a personal memoir, we'd love to publish it." I didn't want to do a memoir, so it got shelved until I started dating my girlfriend (and editor, and coauthor, and mastermind) Eve.

And what a process. We founded a publishing company, did a crowdfunding campaign, and retreated for six weeks to a remote log cabin deep in the woods in rural Washington to make it happen. And boy, did we have a lot to learn about the book publishing industry, which is archaic and hopelessly dysfunctional. I'm seriously considering writing a book about navigating all the rivers of bullsh*t it takes just to publish a book.

But now it's here! Our distributor is delivering it to bookstores and libraries, and it's shipping from Amazon and Powell's. Whew! In four days, Eve and I will be leaving to live in a conversion van for two months as we drive all over the country lecturing, talking, doing readings, giving workshops, and signing books.

Photo gallery, all about me, and more: www.xeromag.com/franklin.html