You gave me a good laugh; I didn't figure out why Kim Kardashian was e-mailing stuff like that until my 3rd reread of your post. shocked crazy

In OS X 10.6.8/Mail 4.6 (1085) under "Mailbox" in the menu bar is a "Rebuild" command that sounds promising:

Originally Posted By: Apple
Rebuilding mailboxes
In some cases, you might need to rebuild a mailbox to update the list of messages in the mailbox; for example, if messages appear to be missing or garbled, or if you can’t find all relevant messages when you search using Entire Message. Rebuilding a mailbox can take a while depending on how many messages are in the mailbox.

To rebuild a selected mailbox:

Choose Mailbox > Rebuild.

For Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP) accounts, locally cached messages and attachments are discarded and the messages and attachments are downloaded again from the server to your computer. Your mailbox appears empty until the download is complete.

Hope that helps, and if doesn't... Ask Kim? tongue

(I've just gotta break my fascination with tabloid covers. [Never buy 'em, 'cuz then I'd have to look inside.])

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire