Thanks for the encouragement. It is much appreciated. It will take some time before I can mess with QR code again due to a heavy workload. Because I see an OS as a productivity, communication & social assistant, I nearly always wait for the .3 or .4 version of a new Mac OS, but I suckered as an early Mavericks adopter based upon reassurance from others that Mavericks was "different," but, as you know, I got burned. I knew on the first day I used it that I had made a mistake. I finally went back to Mountain Lion 10.8.5 and have stayed there because it is so stable and doesn't play tricks with me. Going back was hell, but, after getting the help of the local Apple Geniuses and being pushed up two additional levels in Apple's three tiered Genius service, I finally got it done. They had to get my permission to let them enter my system and work with me to clean out some Mavericks remnants and to reinstall Mountain Lion. Therefore, I'm waiting for reasonably mature versions of Yosemite and iOS 8 before moving up this time. I just don't have the time, patience and knowhow to "play" with alpha, beta, gamma & delta versions of a new OS. I see this forum as a source of assistance that doesn't have a hidden commercial interest driving it. Over the years, it also establishes an environment of friendship like a club of people whose looks and occupations are not usually known. I honestly consider it a privilege to be here. If my math is correct, this forum, in its present form, is 5 years old this month! Party hats anyone?

Last edited by JoBoy; 08/23/14 10:38 PM.

Mac Pro dual Quad-Core Intel Xeons Early 2008; 16GB RAM; MacOS X 10.11.6, iOS 9.3.5