I know. I feel OnyX has let me down some. I don't always restart after I run it, but I did yesterday. Maybe that's why the difference. However, it's slowing up again. frown

I just plug in my iBook and it fires up! But, if I remember correctly, the reason I got a new Mac was because the iBook was doing this very thing and nothing I tried worked. I really don't want to go down that road again. Only this time I still have Applecare so if it's the hard drive, I'll be able to get a new one.

After I get back from errands today, I am going to boot up with my external drive and see if there is any difference. If so, maybe my hard drive is bad, though I would be willing to try your Terminal idea before I do anything else.

Rita

Originally Posted By: artie505
Interesting that you run OnyX every week and your Mac apparently developed symptoms between one run and the next that took two runs to clear up. (Do you restart after running OnyX?) Let's see what happens down the road.

Y'know, your sig just rang a bell in my head, and, since you don't use it, I'm wondering how you're maintaining the battery in your iBook G4?

Edit: You'll find Apple's long-term battery storage advice here.

MacBook Pro - M2, Ventura 13.6
Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8