For the past couple of days my Macbook Pro has been running very slowly. Not just the internet but also my apps. I tried Disk Utility to repair the disk and permissions. I used Onyx a day early (I use if once a week) and it couldn't even finish what it started. It got hung up. I restarted. I completely shut it down every night. This morning, still slow. Turning off Extensions doesn't make a difference. Also, I'm getting that stupid twirling beach ball goody a lot.

I know some people recommend Disk Warrier (Jon), but I can't use it because of this on their site: The current DiskWarrior DVD cannot start up the new MacBook Pros introduced June 11, 2012. An updated disc that will also start up these recent Mac models will be released as soon as Apple, Inc. releases new startup files to Alsoft, Inc. and other developers.

I don't know if Disk Warrior works for these problems anyway. I'm on the verge of calling Applecare. Sometimes they help a lot and sometimes not so much, so I thought I'd start here.

Any ideas other than what I've done? In layman's terms please? smile

Rita

MacBook Pro - M2, Ventura 13.6
Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8