The Time Machine Preferences Panel tells me it is set to make a back-up the following hour, but when I enter TM, there is only one backup for every day unless I prompted "Back up now." This is the third drive that has been backed up onto that drive, each creating a new folder, that is when we were discussing holding down option when entering TM to be able to see the backups for the older drives. Then, there was the dumb problem where I tried to delete a backup and it got stuck in the trash and I had to go into the treacherous Terminal. I don't know if it had anything to do with this, but later on I noticed the backups of the oldest drive only contains the user folder, which is good to have, but the rest is gone.

Now that it seems I have resolved the haunting problem in the "Weird Assorted Problems???" string:

http://www.finetunedmac.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=30454#Post30454

I feel like it may be time to just wipe the TM drive and start over like I did when I couldn't resolve the problem with the internal drive and it was the only solution I could come up with. I don't know if TM kinda starts a new file (not folder) when you wipe a drive and start over because there are so many changes trying to figure them out would be 'nuts.' Just kind of start fresh without artifacts of anything. Really can't imagine a case scenario where something probably corrupt from years ago is worth keeping or fixing. What say you?

Mid 2010 MacBook Pro 13"
2.4GHz, 750GB SATA HD, 8 GB RAM, OS 10.7.5
1 HDX1500 2TB Ext.HD, 2 HDX1500 1TB Ext.HD
HP Laserjet 6MP printing postscript via 10/100 Intel print server
Netgear WN2500RP Range Extender (Ira rocks!)
Linksys WRT1900AC Wireless Router
Brother MFC-9340CDW Color Laser
iPad Air