Originally Posted By: artie505
He's reading life-critical images in "real time", so to speak, so I'd imagine that, as opposed to me and Harv, his speed/cost ratio is "Whatever the speed costs, I'll pay!" (Sounds like a huge pressure/responsibility position.)

Tell me about it! AT&T could not get anywhere close to his speed requirements but Charter Cable could for only a $12,500 cable installation charge plus several hundred dollars monthly service fee. That monthly fee also includes a fixed IP address, equally fast upload speeds, and 24x7 immediate repair response.

OFF TOPIC: The medical systems my son is required to work with are all PC based and a couple of weeks ago the entire Chicago end of the system became infected with a virus of undetermined origin. For two or three days he had the only working computer in the network. Once the server in Chicago was restored, he ended up working thirty six straight hours carrying the load of several other radiologists. Suffice it to say only the most life threatening studies could be read until the Chicago work stations could be scrubbed and all the multitudinous interconnecting applications installed from scratch on each workstation. Apparently there was reason to believe the backups were infected as well. Aren't you glad you have a Mac?

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein