John Harney. I mentioned him when I started My Cup Of Tea. John was a true gentlemen in every sense of the word. When his business began, it was only wholesale. My wife and I had heard of him and we phoned him at his warehouse in Salisbury, CT. He invited us to visit and try some teas (he did sell to local people on a limited basis). We followed the evolution of his tea company through the years and we visit the retail location in Millerton, NY fairly regularly.

One of the most striking things that John told us was that, in order to remain successful, you have to constantly reinvent yourself. You can never rest on your laurels and assume that you are so established that nothing bad can happen.

His son Michael and daughter-in-law Brigitte run the retail end, although Brigitte is more involved with that than Mike. Mike and brother Paul travel the world acquiring teas.

I shall miss John.

Jon

macOS 11.7.10, iMac Retina 5K 27-inch, late 2014, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 1 TB fusion drive, 16 GB RAM, Epson SureColor P600, Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC, MS Office 365