Originally Posted By: Kate
I am stuck. I can,and will go back to Apple Care. A ‘one on one’ appointment with an Apple tech is not an option as I purchased the MacBook Pro Retina from a reseller as they were closer to my home.

If you have Apple Care, where you bought your MacBook does not matter. While it may not be as geographically convenient, it sounds as if a one-on-one, in person, with Apple, is the way to go.

I would add that the problem may be in your hardware, and not with OS X 10.9 (regardless of it being a free download). Sure, there will always be problems for someone with any software or hardware. But there are literally millions of users with no problems. And even if there are thousands of dissatisfied customers, this is a fraction of a percent; an amount (at least) that would exist in any business.

Of course none of this solves your immediate problems, but I really think you would benefit by sharing your angst in person with someone.

On a Mac since 1984.
Currently: 24" M1 iMac, M2 Pro Mac mini with 27" BenQ monitor, M2 Macbook Air, MacOS 14.x; iPhones, iPods (yes, still) and iPads.