I have had multiple problems transferring data from a MacBook 10.6.8 to a new MacBook Pro Retina v10.9.2 .
I have spent hours online with Apple care including, on their recommendation, making three appointments with a Genius Bar tech.

Yesterday the transfer problem seemed to to have been resolved online by Apple Care, but in trying to bring down Mail data [once I found the Home>Library> Mail] Mail gives odd messages, but does not recognise the transferred data, so is inaccessible.

To add to my difficulties Click and Drag is not working, in fact nothing is working as expected.

I am stuck. I can,and will go back to Apple Care. A ‘one on one’ appointment with an Apple tech is not an option as I purchased the MacBook Pro Retina from a reseller as they were closer to my home.

Other than that can I wipe Mavericks completely and, if the answer is yes, which OS would you recommend I install in its place?

I now understand why the Mavericks download is free, and why Apple discussion sites are overflowing with frustrated users. Of course I should have come here first, but …
Advice would be appreciated.
Kate

I spoke with a Senior Technician at Apple Care about yet another problem: apparently it is not possible to delete the OS the computer came with and install a previous OS.
Currently I am looking at a two week old paperweight.

Last edited by Kate; 06/21/14 07:22 AM.