so, I had a post removed today. I'm really trying to keep an open mind, and good humor about it, but I guess for me, the removal is just way over the top, and sucks the life out of a community.

in response to joemikeb's post about his troubles with his Lightscribe drive:

Originally Posted By: joemikeb
but as I refuse to use stick on labels all the clip art would be a waste so I elected the Toast Upgrade.

I replied, "French Toast?"

now I know this reply wasn't on-topic, and perhaps wasn't even funny, but I thought it might draw a chuckle or two, and certainly wasn't a question about something totally unrelated, and was something that anyone might say in normal conversation.

here is the reasoning given for the removal:
Quote:
Just wanted to let you know that I removed your "French Toast?" reply to joemikeb because it is not helpful to someone trying to solve a problem with LaCie Lightscribe Labeler.

I hope you might understand a mod¹s responsibility to balance the need for friendly interactions between MFIF/FTM veterans - the "insiders" - and helping new or shy FTM lurkers - the "outsiders" - feel comfortable finding answers or creating new topics in the troubleshooting forums

too bad that an "outsider" won't find that we enjoy ourselves here while we solve problems. and ironically, I spent quite a bit of time searching for a solution to joe's problem, but didn't find anything, so I didn't post, but that's why I was in the topic in the first place.

I'm going to go put on a sweater, because it's feeling a bit colder in here...

MacBook 2.4 Ghz · 4 Gb ram · 10.7.5
stuff I'm interested in
iPhone 4s 7.0.2