When I got 10.6 I few weeks ago, it was from a disc that came with 10.6.3. I installed it.

Then I downloaded and installed the update to 10.6.8 using the Combo updater, but after I did, the screen looked all wrong. Noticeably different. It looked like there was a font problem -- the system font was all thin and jagged, which was annoying because everything in 10.6.3 worked great and looked great, the best computing experience I've ever had. I think this problem applied to all fonts, to everything onscreen, but I'm not sure. It seemed radically different.

I re-installed it 10.6.3 over 10.6.8 from the original disc and everything looked fine again.

Unfortunately, I can't use the App store unless I have 10.6.8, so I'm debating whether to try the upgrade again.

I have my drive cloned to an external Firewire drive using SuperDuper, but I'm not sure how to revert back if I get the same problems with 10.6.8. I figure last time was a fluke when I simply re-installed 10.6.3 from the disc "on top of" 10.6.8 that was running on my main hard drive. I didn't know if it would work or if was a good idea, so I risked it.

Any thoughts about these matters, esp. problems w/upgrading from 10.6.3. to 10.6.8?