Originally Posted By: freelance
Originally Posted By: alternaut
How about freelance?

I don't know if I qualify by Bensheim's strict standards. I live in the UK. I have a UK passport. But I was born in the USA and have (after 26 years) still been unable to get my mouth around those posh British vowels.

I have learned to love football (soccer to you septics) but will never get to grips with cricket.

Freelance, Hi

Rules of Cricket

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in.

Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out.

When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out.

Sometimes you get men still in and not out.

When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in.

There are two men called umpires who stay out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out*.

When both sides have been in and all the men have been out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game.

*5 common ways of getting out
1. Clean bowled
2. Caught
3. Run out
4. Stumped
5. Leg before wicket**

6 uncommon ways of getting out
6. Hit wicket
7. Handled the ball
8. Double hit
9. Obstructing the field
10. Timed out.
11. Retired.

Also, for an out to be given, the in side have to appeal by shouting "HOW'S THAT?" (pronounced HOWZAYYYYYYYY)

**not necessarily the leg

grin