So, it seems I do need a new router because the cable company that I get my internet-only service from upgraded me to 5Ghz and the new Arris combination modem/WiFi device they gave me seems to be bottle-necking at the Wireless-G. I am NOT using the modem for WiFi because I have seen 'da howwa' when it is supplying the WiFi and the internet goes down, the new modem is just capable of it. I have also been advised by someone from the cable company that it is generally a bad idea to use the modem for both. Last night while noodling with the Wireless-G to get faster internet, the modem created it's own network with the same name as mine and I couldn't figure out what the freak was going on when I turned off the router and my network was still there!

Therefore, I need a recommendation for a new router, maybe one I can get used or refurb. Also, the thing is, I won't run any wire from the modem, router or computer to the TV. Because of my apt. layout, it is insanity. I am not that concerned about all kinds of TV content because most of it I am disinterested in. I will have a sofa and I am told I need a TV tongue. So maybe a Kindle Fire to wirelessly connect to the *new* router (TBD) for downloading some content, and an antenna next to the TV to pick up broadcast, I think that is all I want to do.

Mid 2010 MacBook Pro 13"
2.4GHz, 750GB SATA HD, 8 GB RAM, OS 10.7.5
1 HDX1500 2TB Ext.HD, 2 HDX1500 1TB Ext.HD
HP Laserjet 6MP printing postscript via 10/100 Intel print server
Netgear WN2500RP Range Extender (Ira rocks!)
Linksys WRT1900AC Wireless Router
Brother MFC-9340CDW Color Laser
iPad Air