Originally Posted By: artie505
I already knew that you're a fascinating character, but I've got to wonder how much of your Twitter following arises from your being the point-man for polyamory. I mean, how did Eve Rickert find you in the first place? I've got to doubt that she was cruising Twitter looking for somebody with whom to go to an astronomy lecture.

Well, it's kinda a bit more complicated than that...

Eve runs a business called Talk Science To Me, which does science communication, editing, fact-checking, indexing, that sort of thing. She already knew about me from poly circles, sure, but she started following me from the Talk Science To Me Twitter account in part because I tweet about science as well as poly stuff.

When we met, she was in town for another conference, but ended up going to the astronomy lecture because she found out about it from my Twitter feed. We met again at a shindig hosted by the Museum of Science and Industry for the MARS Curiosity landing, and the rest, as they say, is history. (In our new book on polyamory, we thank NASA, the Curiosity mission, and astronomer Phil Plait for, completely unknowingly, making the book possible.)

So int hat sense, she wasn't specifically looking for people to go to an astronomy lecture with, but she WAS looking for people who tweet about science and science-related topics, which I sometimes do. Among, err, other things. smile

Photo gallery, all about me, and more: www.xeromag.com/franklin.html