Originally Posted By: alternaut
That said, I'd like to remind you that the flaw can be used to access already recorded data, as this is not affected by any post-hoc patches applied to the relevant servers. Note that this data may have been recorded in the window between the flaw's recent revelation and its patching, and that window may still be open on servers you have dealt with. This explains the now frequently heard advice to check your financial transactions carefully for unauthorized activity.

I'll guess that already recorded data that has not yet been used is not in the hands of outwardly malicious persons, because those guys deal in current info rather than stockpile it and have it go bad.

Data gathered in your "window" (my "springboard" period), though, might (will likely?) result in a flurry of activity before users have secured their situations. (Happily, your linked Mashable doc reports that all the financial Websites I use are unaffected.)

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire