Ok, so I bought a TV. I am renting a stinky cable box from Time Warner for my cable internet service so I have been advised to purchase a MOTOROLA/ARRIS DOCSIS 3 modem and I have my Wireless-G router and a range extender for my non-wireless printer on the n network.

Cable TV is very expensive. I download a movie to my computer or ipod touch from iTunes now and then and having Netflix or Amazon Prime or both for movies plus Hulu or digital reception would be good. The thing I don't want is WIRES! If I get an Amazon Fire, which just came out and is supposed to be very good, do I need a super-duper wireless router and do I need a router with the AC network gamers use? It's only about 18 unobstructed feet from the router to where the TV will be. I am also where digital broadcast signals are strong, like, I couldn't be in a better area to pick up digital broadcast signals, at least right now cool .

I hooked up the TV to my neighbor's cable modem to test out the TV (it's a Panasonic Viera TC-L32X5) and geez, the type was all ragged around the edges. His wasn't, maybe Time Warner matched the signal to his TV? Someone told me all the flat screens look like this when something is not HD broadcast. I learned that this may have to do with connecting the TV depending on where the content is coming from, signal, cable, etc. It's here:

http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/how-to-hdtv1.htm

So, what do I need here? I have an F cable (CATV) coming into the apt, I guess that has to go into a compatible modem first, although some guy who sells cable stuff on the internet told me hard-wire an HDMI around the room and stop talking. Do cable modems even have an HDMI connection? The TV has all kinds of connectors. If I run any cable roundabout to where the TV will be, it's a big job.

I didn't know what I was getting into and the technology seems to be changing rapidly. I wanted a sofa so everyone told me to get a TV, also. I hope the sofa is analog.

Mid 2010 MacBook Pro 13"
2.4GHz, 750GB SATA HD, 8 GB RAM, OS 10.7.5
1 HDX1500 2TB Ext.HD, 2 HDX1500 1TB Ext.HD
HP Laserjet 6MP printing postscript via 10/100 Intel print server
Netgear WN2500RP Range Extender (Ira rocks!)
Linksys WRT1900AC Wireless Router
Brother MFC-9340CDW Color Laser
iPad Air