Hi DK! Hope all's well with you -- and that you're not aging as fast as I seem to be right now!

Alas, poor Occam, "Allow Plug-ins" was already duly checked. I looked at the "Manage Website Settings" option there, but have no clue if (what or how!) there's something to be done with site-specific Flash Player settings, or why they would screw up Safari, but not Opera.

I didn't even realize that I could look up the app. installed plug-ins, so I suppose that's progress of sort. Here's the list:

Google Earth Plug-in
iPhotoPhotocast (iPhoto6)
Microsoft Office Live Update v1.0
QuickTime Plug-in 7.7.1
Shockwave Flash 12.0 r0
Silverlight Plug-in 5.1.10411.0
Wacom Tablet Plug-in

I don't know how Shockwave Flash "12.0 r0" relates to "12.0.0.44" per the site you linked, but I installed the latest Flash Player from the Adobe website earlier today, just to make sure I was completely up to date before posting my query.

I've had erratic problems with embedded videos and commercial transactions in earlier versions of Safari. What's really, really, immensely frustrating is that I never had a problem with the mvibo site or with disappearing comment sections elsewhere, before the newest Safari update. I suddenly feel like I woke up back in OS9 grin ….. without a conflict catcher.