Quote:
Any interim hit Apple may have taken from my recalcitrance is just a speck of dust on their rear view mirror, and the odds of my switching over to PCs in a fit of pique is just a mote on the windshield.

Check it! There was no good reason for Apple to drop the Appletalk protocol along with the localtalk port except to get rid of all these great old laserwriters. My HP6MP is running just fine with a print server. I just have to put in a new toner cartridge like every two years!
Quote:
Trojans — malware that you unwittingly are duped into installing but later versions of OS X have been patched to resist.
Java Applets — that run in Safari, Firefox, Chrome, and any other browser that you run. Java applications — are not subject to the same vulnerabilities as the applets.
Adobe Flash
Viruses and Malware that are written for the Mac — The first thing any decent malware does is either disable any antivirus software are hide itself from the antivirus software. No antivirus software can detect a virus until the virus is known and the antivirus signatures have been updated so the virus can be detected. Of course by then it is often too late.
Updated Applications — that are using features, deprecated commands, etc that are not supported by Snow Leopard.

I'm running the latest virus software, the latest Firefox, only update Flash and Java. I just can't get into updating all the versions of Adobe and iTunes and every other thing. What about "if I like what I have I can keep it?"

Last edited by slolerner; 03/14/14 10:17 PM. Reason: more