For those who might be interested:

The Crystal View router I bought was actually intended to do the same thing as my Wireless G, create a network and assign unique IPs within range, although the description said it could also be used as a repeater for ANY network. Crystal View no longer offers support because I guess they got flooded with calls like mine.

I figured call Cisco to see what they say. They recommended pricey solution that had more ports than were necessary, but it got me thinking in the right direction. I bought a refurbished Cisco RE1000RM repeater thinking then if the whole mess doesn't work, at least I won't have different manufacturers pointing fingers at the other.

The repeater came with an installation CD that automatically locates the router and the repeater via Airport and links them up. Once that is done, the repeater can be put anywhere within range. One short ethernet wire between the Cisco extender and the Intel print server + one short, fat serial cable between the Intel print server and the HP printer, TaDa! It's wireless, well, kinda! wink The long ethernet wire crossing the apt is gone that's what mattered.

Mid 2010 MacBook Pro 13"
2.4GHz, 750GB SATA HD, 8 GB RAM, OS 10.7.5
1 HDX1500 2TB Ext.HD, 2 HDX1500 1TB Ext.HD
HP Laserjet 6MP printing postscript via 10/100 Intel print server
Netgear WN2500RP Range Extender (Ira rocks!)
Linksys WRT1900AC Wireless Router
Brother MFC-9340CDW Color Laser
iPad Air