"Do you realize that you hijacked your own thread...spun it off in a totally unrelated direction to complain about others having veered off tangentially?"

I hijacked and spun off my own thread in an unrelated direction by complaining about the too many irrelevant entries re: my Safari Time Outs problem in the thread I started?

How did I managed to hijack or spin off my own thread given that my complaint came last in the conversation? Most times the present does not cause things to happen in the past.

So, Artie, you must therefore be saying that my complaint hijacked and spun off my thread by foreclosing future advice re: my problem that has YET to come from FTM.

Artie, I dearly hope you are right in that. So … will you please forgive my complaint and advance that advice. I keenly await it. My problem is still unsolved.

In the meantime, what happened in my thread on Safari Time Outs at FTM was a good example of how a forum should NOT work. The helpers took over on topics of interest to them but unrelated to my problem. When the OP returns to his/her thread, all that’s in it MUST be clearly related to the OP’s problem. If the helpers want to help each other to be better educated in their helper tasks, they should do it in a helper education section of the forum — like the lounge but aimed instead at techie stuff. But not, of course, in an OP's thread. Goodness me ... that that, apparently, has to be said.