DK:

You NEED to fix up your FTM forums.

I started a post on my Safari TimeOut problem. Check to see the thread-- that you have posted to. Most of the posts do not relate to my problem. Most should have been sent to another topic heading.

When I came back to my topic at FTM, why did I have to see a bunch talking on other matters, no doubt possibly important matters that are congenial to them, but not addressed to my problem?

FTM seems to be, more and more, a bunch of insiders talking to themselves -- for lack of clients. And the insiders are not that with it on certain topics because, possibly, of the lack of demanding enquiries from clients.

Your guys/gals did not seem to know that my problem is fairly widespread -- no reference at all to my problem from other sites. Amazing -- as if my problem was a first for them!! Are your guys and gals a bit out to lunch?

Sorry to sound cranky. But I've pretty much given up on FTM from this recent experience. You MUST follow up on posted problems and not laden the follow ups with irrelevant insider and other talk. Dumb that FTM did not already know and cure that!! Your forums are NOT an alley for your insiders to learn and clog up responses to clients. The insiders must learn themselves from the outside and then help the clients from inside. The Apple and OS X forums are a good example of THAT WAY to meet what most users expect from forums.

Last edited by RHV; 03/02/14 04:48 AM.