If you look at the bottom of my signature, I am using an old Intel print server that has localtalk between my HP6MP and my Mac. The printer is a workhorse, never runs out of toner, never jams, I WANT it. The Intel box (follow me here) assigns an IP to the printer so it is addressable. To find out the address, it has a button on top that you press and if it has been on long enough, it will print a page with an IP. Sometimes it's 101, sometimes 102, etc. It changes. If the printer or the box is turned off, then the router reassigns it. I have three printers set up in the control panel, one for each address it tends to generate. Ok. No problem.

The problem is that I have to run an actual cable between the Intel box and the router to get this Rube Goldberg setup rolling. Now they are not near each other because I moved the furniture and there is an ethernet cable snaking around on the floor. So I bought this Crystal View Wireless Instant Router to use kinda like a network extender. I can get it set up but not exactly right even though I actually followed the instructions. I can call them, but they will never understand this crazy set-up I have. What happens is it sets up a second network for the printer. I really don't want to do point to point because that is another wire going between the router I have and the electrical socket. Any thoughts here?

Mid 2010 MacBook Pro 13"
2.4GHz, 750GB SATA HD, 8 GB RAM, OS 10.7.5
1 HDX1500 2TB Ext.HD, 2 HDX1500 1TB Ext.HD
HP Laserjet 6MP printing postscript via 10/100 Intel print server
Netgear WN2500RP Range Extender (Ira rocks!)
Linksys WRT1900AC Wireless Router
Brother MFC-9340CDW Color Laser
iPad Air