It's taken some doing ( tongue ), but I finally understand why I've had so much trouble with (1)s, and this will clarify the problem for others...

I enter FTM via "Forums" by clicking on a "Last Post", followed by clicking on "Index" to get to the particular forum's index.

Or, so I thought.

It turns out that when a post has been moved, clicking on A Forum's "Last Post" (which has become a pointer) takes me directly to B Forum (the real "Last Post's" new location), so I never get to either the post on which I think I clicked or A Forum's index, and their associated (1) doesn't get cleared.

So, to get rid of a (1) representing a pointer in A Forum you must click on A Forum, itself. (No need to then visit the thread.)

As far as I'm concerned, that-all's totally non-intuitive behavior, if not a bug. (Didn't things work differently once upon a time, with the Mods, not the software, inserting the links, and clicking on a "Last Post" actually getting you to where you thought you were going?)

Last edited by artie505; 02/12/14 12:34 AM.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire