Odd thing.

On January 24th, I downloaded and installed the latest update 10.0.2 for iMOVIE which was released the day before (23rd).

Today I did another Software Update from the Apple Menu and it tells me to download and install the "latest" version of iMOVIE, dated January 23rd.

My update log says I have already installed the 10.0.2 version from the 23rd. However, when I go to the applications folder and click GET INFO on the iMOVIE app, I am told the "current" installed version is from October of 2012.

The computer detects that I have the January 23rd release installed, but it does not appear in the applications folder. I have done a search and cannot locate any other folder where the January 23 update was (accidentally) placed/moved.

Any ideas as to why Software Update Log tells me I DO have the latest version installed while - at the same time - running the Software Update tells me that I DO NOT have the latest version installed?

This one has me stumped. confused

UPDATE (February 4th):

I trashed the only version of iMOVIE (10.0.2) I could find anywhere in my MBPro (laptop). Securely emptied trash. Then, I went to APPLE MENU to check for recent software updates. iMOVIE 10.0.2 showed up. Downloaded and installed. Then I re-ran the Software Update and no longer get any messages that iMOVIE needs to be updated.

It now appears as though I have the latest version (10.0.2) with its latest updates.

Last edited by MG2009; 02/04/14 08:59 PM. Reason: Updated Info