I have a new Bose Soundlink Mini that I have been using with my iPad via Bluetooth. Until today it has worked flawlessly, connecting without issue.

Today I coupled the Bose with my iMac and it worked fine.

However, the iPad now will not link with the Bose, instead suggesting that it needs to be within range. It wasn't linking a foot away. I got my Apple keyboard and it connected as usual.

I assumed the Bose might still be linked to the iMac so I opened the iMac and disconnected it. For good measure I also turned off the iMac Bluetooth.

Still no connection....just the dialogue box about range.

EDIT: Found a solution

In case anyone else runs across this issue............

I found all kinds of ideas that involved holding down various Bose buttons for ten seconds but none of them worked. At the Bose site I found a document for a different device (but same issue) that had all the same ideas that didn't work for me.

However, there was also a different suggestion: "Clear the list on your Bluetooth® device. For more information, please refer to the manufacturer of the device".

So, on my iPad Settings/Bluetooth/Devices I selected the Bose SoundLink Mini and then the "i" for information. In the new dialogue box I choose Forget this device. A new search attempt worked perfectly.

Last edited by ryck; 01/11/14 10:24 AM.

ryck

"What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits" The Doobie Brothers

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020), 3.8 GHz 8 Core Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 2667 MHz DDR4
OS Sonoma 14.4.1
Canon Pixma TR 8520 Printer
Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner c/w VueScan software
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C