I'm embarrassed to admit my mistakes, but I need help. First mistake was to upgrade my wife's iMac from Mac OSX 10.6.8 to 10.8.5 before upgrading her VMware 3.1.3 to 6.0.2. This left her VMware icon with a circle and slash sign over the logo indicating incompatibility with the new OS. The second mistake was to proceed to attempt to upgrade VMware late in the evening when I was very tired, but I just had to know if it would work with the disabled 3.1.3. I upgraded VMware to 6.0.2 and my fuzzy memory tells me that the upgrade from 6.0.2 was accomplished AND the app and data residing on VMware 3.1.3 were included in the VMware upgrade and all was well, including the installation of Windows 7 Ultimate. Then a third mistake occurred. I noticed that there were some things that didn't look right to me, so I deleted one item having to do with the Virtual Machine. That produced a mess and VMware wouldn't function. I still had the 6.0.2 dmg on my mac desktop, so I deleted the wounded Virtual Machine and reinstalled the VMware upgrade. However, this time the 3.1.3 apps and data were not included in the final result of the second upgrade. I have fiddled with it for a few hours without success. It has dawned on me that VMware may give you just one shot to succeed. I've tried to reach a human on their web site, but it isn't easy. Does anyone know if this one shot theory is true? In the alternative, is there a way for me to do the upgrade on a third try using the same dmg that also will include the apps and data from version 3.1.3?

Last edited by JoBoy; 01/03/14 04:50 PM.

Mac Pro dual Quad-Core Intel Xeons Early 2008; 16GB RAM; MacOS X 10.11.6, iOS 9.3.5