> Have you tried turning off Safari extensions?

Bingo!

For the second time today, same as in deniro's thread, the culprit is the "EasyList" filter in my outdated version of AdBlock.

Many thanks! smile

(Gotta start thinking in a new direction when the question is "Safari?")

Edit: I guess I now owe everybody an explanation of why I refuse to update my version of AdBlock, so...

In its early incarnations, AdBlock included functionality that allowed users to block any element in an html page, the FTM masthead by way of example, and I loved the idea that I could block all the annoying proprietary stuff on the Web pages I visit regularly.

Through the version I'm running, v 2.1.5, the "block pane" was invoked by either hot key or contextual menu, and when the hot key disappeared in v 2.1.16 I stopped updating.

Just to see what's going on, though, I've tried updating to the most recent version, and as far as I can tell, the html blocking functionality is gone...BOO!!!

So unless somebody can tell me that I'm missing something (not too obvious, I hope), here I sit.

I'm at a loss, though, as to why the "EasyList" filter does not work similarly in both early and current versions of AdBlock. (Time to e-mail the dev, I guess.)

Edit 2: I've found that the functionality is intact, but its implementation has changed, and I don't know if I can easily transform what I've got into what I need (if I actually choose to deal with the hot key deletion). (Awaiting dev response.)

Last edited by artie505; 11/20/13 08:51 AM.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire